Charles Pachter has worked as an architectural designer, restoring more than 20 derelict buildings in downtown Toronto in the 70s and 80s, and a studio in Miami Beach where he wintered from 1993-1999.
In 2004 he converted a former ice storage warehouse on Lake Simcoe into a summer studio and residence, and in 2013 he converted an auto repair shop in downtown Orillia into a studio and showroom for his work. A new residential addition was completed in March 2016. In 2017 2 more properties are being completed, one brand new, the other a restoration of an 1890s Victorian.
CLICK ON IMAGES TO ENLARGE
1232 Shaw St 1968-1974
ARTISTS ALLIANCE & ARTERY Artists’ Co-op,
24 Ryerson Ave, 1974
Charles’ loft, Artists Alliance,
24 Ryerson Ave 1974-78
2 Grange Place residence & studio 1978-2004
GRACIE’S Restaurant, 508-10 Queen St W, 1980-82
The Scarborough Room, Margaret Atwood & Peter C. Newman
IGA supermarket at 567 Queen St W converted to galleries.
THE PAINTED FLAG Exhibition opened here, Nov. 1981
80 Beverley St, restored six-plex, 1987-1999
Miami Beach: Trompe l’oeil “pool” painted over cement patio
Lake Simcoe ICE HOUSE studio and residence – 2003-2014
MOFO -MOOSE FACTORY OF ORILLIA 2012-2015
NEW GALLERIES & RESIDENTIAL ADDITION TO MOFO in Orillia, built July 2015-Mar 2016